Friday, June 24, 2011

The dog just ran over the baby's toy stroller.

Love is such a multi-faceted thing. How do people forget?

Most people our age who are married both work full time, sometimes they have children and those children live primarily in day care or babysitters. There are sacrifices made by everyone so bills can be paid, credit can be earned, houses can be rented, cars bought, student loans paid. I hate student loans. Sigh.

I'm so fortunate to not have to work. It's more of an optional thing and a safety thing at this point. As is school. Once upon a time I wrote about going back to school, it being almost like an obligation because that way I have something to fall back on if Jer doesn't get a job right away after we leave the military. I still mostly feel that way. I feel like I should have my degree in something that will pay well and that I can live with if need be. Sometimes I feel like I should be working, full or part time, just to stick that money into savings so we are closer to buying a house when he gets out of the military, or for a new car or for the vacations that can't ever seem to take because of military obligations.

We save a little every month, and that little definitely adds up...but if we had a whole other income coming in, that we didn't really need.. it could set us up a lot better 3 years down the road.

At this point I'm not going to worry about working... education is our priority right now if we can both get it done discounted or for free. Which we can.. I just have to suck up my feelings about some one choosing a career for me. And Jer just has to wait until fall semester.

I can't imagine handing my child over to someone else for 40 hours a week. Especially since I don't know anybody here. Or don't particularly trust anyone on post that I have met. I'll probably need to get over that and find some one someday.

In a couple hours I'll go start the process..or maybe it's continuing the process, of the school stuff. I've already got half the stuff they want done..we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment