Friday, March 25, 2011

Next Steps

The time has come to start thinking about another baby.

Oh my.

A fact nobody really wants to know: After 2 years of being menstruation-less, it is now back. Crazy how on the day I can no longer take any more ibuprofen because I've been taking such a high dosage for the last month (jaw problems), my period would return with killer cramps. Lol. True story: I was actually looking forward to this. Strange I know.. But it was sooo weird to go that long with a million hormones raging through your body and nothing to show for it once a month. Weird a lot.

So.. anyway. When we got married we discussed the usual how many children, when we would want them, all that... Which of course can change depending on careers and finances and health.. but in general we had decided that we would want whatever children we would have relatively close together. (While typing this I have a puppy trying to pull both cats around by their heads and a 14 month old daughter napping...) Relatively, meaning do the 2ish years spacing that is almost typical nowadays. That way we would also still be in the military which means we could have the good prenatal and postnatal services that the military provides. Not to mention.. a big enough house to fit us all.

We have 15 months before his ETS.. so we're really starting to consider that next baby. While we consider if we're staying in the military, what to do about school, whether or not I should go back to work.. the list goes on and on and on.

Is it easier or harder being a military family and thinking about all this stuff? We don't have to worry about our insurance, or over-high daycare prices, or housing.. or things like job security. We do have to worry about PCSing suddenly, or deployments, being away from family.

I don't even know what it'll be like to have him here while I'm pregnant. I don't know how we'll both deal with that...if he'll even enjoy that whole...being pregnant process. I don't know how I'll feel being pregnant and not being geographically close to the people who helped me so much last time.

If this was my dream world, he would reenlist for another couple years and reenlist for a new post. Maybe even change MOS's so we could get a good bonus and put some more rainy day money away.. That way he'd be staying in until he finished the degree that he wants. We could have another baby, and by the time he'd be done in the military, our oldest would be gearing up for preschool. Yep.

This is not my dream world tho.. So... for now we're just gonna keep thinking about it and discussing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment