Friday, August 12, 2011

Cocoa Puffs

I usually love August no matter where I  am. Last August we moved to where we are now and enjoyed the last weeks of summer...if you could call it the summer.

I love the anticipation that August brings. Kids going back to school, waiting for the leafs to change, Halloween decorations starting to grace the stores. September in Washington bothers me..but August I'm ok with.

Jer left this morning for training...He'll be gone about 3 weeks and that's ok. It sucks for the obvious reasons but I'll deal. The baby will hopefully deal as well. This is the first time since his deployment that he's left her for more than 24 hours..although, the baby and I frequently travel to see family so I think she's used to not seeing him for a week or more at a time. Nevertheless, this is the longest period of time they'll go without each other since he returned last year. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

We've started to discuss where I should live while he's in AIT again next year. We have about 5 months to figure it out which seems like a lot, but really isn't. I could just stay here...during the wet season of Washington with my will-be 2 year old. I have some friends, although most'll be moving in the next couple months but I'd live. Make new friends. I could move myself down to Arizona for a couple months... try to find a house that'll take me, my child, my two cats and large dog for 4 months. "It's only discrimination if you actually say what you're thinking" is coming to mind. Or I could see if my parents or Jer's parents want company for a few months... Save my BAH. That'd be close to $5,000 saved just in rent money...that's a lot. But I'd have to figure out where to put all of us and such.

Anyway...it's being discussed, and we're open to suggestions if anyone has anything useful to suggest.

Business is going better than expected, so I'm happy with that.

I guess the major thing right now is Jer being gone for the next few weeks. It means I get the tv all night, which is nice. And all the Cocoa Puffs. Yep. Adam's coming to visit which is good.. but will set the neighbor's gossip chain on fire I'm sure... Who's that strange man who's staying with her while her husband's away? I'm sure I'll be getting a call from Jer's commander. Lol.




No comments:

Post a Comment