Monday, August 1, 2011

Leafy Green Vegetables

Did I lose my courage once I got married or once we joined the military or once we had a baby?

..I would hate to think it was any of those things.

I know it isn't marriage that changed my view on a lot of things. I am one of the very few people I know who can say that I have a completely supportive husband and that we're absolutely happy together. Have I changed since we've been together? Absolutely. But if anything, my relationship with Jer lifts me up and makes me a better person.

Having a baby? ...well, that puts a lot of things into perspective, and again makes me a better person. I'd like to think that I'm a pretty good mom, but I've only been doing this for about 18 months so I have the rest of my life to decide exactly where I've screwed up. It's maybe made me more cautious about things like making sure we're more financially responsible then we once were or keeping leafy green vegetables in the house.

The military... Bah. Is probably the culprit of my pseudo-insanity. Things can change in an instant in my life so I try to be prepared as much as possible. And I'm really not against change so I think I do ok. But I think in the last few years I've let it dictate our lives to a point... which is also probably something you sign up for when you enlist. It's also another reason I keep leafy green vegetables in my house all of a sudden.

I decided to start Mary Kay, not because I'm oh so into their cosmetics.. although I love lots of their skin care products and adore the eyeliner.. BUT, lol, I started it because of the company. Because it's really an inspirational company and I think I needed something a little inspirational. I like doing things.. any thing, that keeps me busier then I am right now.. But I love being a stay-at-home mom. And even though I was apprehensive about starting this, it's been less then a week and I'm already having fun. FUN. I wasn't expecting that. And I'm already making more money then I thought I would. And that's fun too.

This is not an advertisement for Mary Kay, this is just all my feelings about what I'm doing right now. I've put makeup on 6 out of 7 days in the last week. My nails are pretty. I've talked to neighbors who I've never really talked to before, my husbands coworkers, family, and friends...which makes me about 200% more social than usual. I've met a whole roomful of women who support me and my business and are dedicated to helping me when I need it.

How many times have you walked into a room full of women and not been glared at by at least one of them? Can you even imagine being automatically supported by 10 women you've never met?

I have to thank Sarah for asking the one question that really made me do this and that was, "Why are you scared?"

She hit it on that one, without really knowing she did. And while inside of me, there was a little twinge of hurt...it wasn't in any way her fault. It's been my fault for letting myself go on cruise control for the last year.. We've been trying to avoid bumps and wreckage and now I'd rather take the steps to overcome the bumps and wreckage instead of avoiding them.

And I think that may be healthier for me right now.

So today has been a good day, and I'd like to thank every one that has been supportive of my decisions the last year or so and I hope that I've been as supportive to everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment