Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Education Nation

I made the decision a couple weeks ago to transfer into a university. Finally. Instead of just taking classes that will some day go towards a degree, I would actually really pursue a degree. A career. ...ok, not so much a career but a profession.

I thought this was a pretty good decision.

But..I don't think I can do it.

I've been fortunate that so far I've been able to pay for my college through federal funding and scholarships..But transferring into a university guarantees that I'll double my debt..which is nonexistent right now.

Is it worth it? With our economy the way it is, is it worth taking out $20,000 in loans? For school? When really, if the time comes when I need to work I can always find a customer service position somewhere or really focus on Mary Kay? When I've wanted to make money, I've made money...that's not our issue.

I feel like I'm obligated to pursue my education.. and that's on me. Because of me. It's just who I am, I like it. I don't like the feeling that I should pursue an area of education that would lead me to a really good paying job to justify my education.

I have faith that my husband'll be able to find a job outside of the military when the time comes. I don't think we'll even come close to starving. But I also don't think we should use the money he makes to help pay for my education when his education has been hard earned in so many ways. We will have at least 2 children to provide for, our retirement to think of, possibly the college educations of those two children plus the living expenses that comes with..well, living.

Can't figure out if it'll be worth it at this point. When it's something I can pursue later when we're more financially and geographically stable.


No comments:

Post a Comment