Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I hate coconut.

I'm sorry. But it's true. I can't stand it.. especially the fake, overly sweet, crappy, flake stuff that you can buy by the pound at your local grocery store. It actually makes me ill.

HATE IT.

So it makes me awfully sad that my morning perusing of delicious baking sites was interrupted when I clicked on "Chocolate Chip Magic Bars" only to find out that they are full of crappy flaked coconut. If you are indeed interested in these bars.. here you go Chocolate Chip Magic Bars but for me.. I'm just sad about it. Because in my world coconut does not equal magic. Magic is like.. probably more like this: MAGIC

The thing is..I don't actually (ok, hardly ever) bake any of the delicious goodies I find during my perusing. Because I would get fat. Like a lot. And while you're thinking..well, Ang why don't you just make them and give them away... Well..I'm fairly sensitive to the fact that then I would get blamed for all the millions of people around me who are SUPPOSED to be dieting, getting fat. And I'm not taking that on.

I need someone who lives close enough that cookies/bars/cakes wouldn't go stale while shipping, who isn't worried about getting fat, who would possibly share the cost of baking all these delicious things in return of me baking them and sending them... The deliciousness.

P.S. Have you ever married a guy of German descent and told them that no you will not eat German Chocolate Cake because of the ooey gooey condensed milk/coconut frosting mixture on top? ....ya. Imagine that conversation.

1 comment:

  1. Just a little note! German Chocolate Cake is NOT German! It was made here in the USA. I married a man of German descent and I was informed that a German Chocolate Cake is not from Germany. The man who discovered it was named German.

    ReplyDelete