Thursday, April 21, 2011

An Outrage, A Plan, A Thank You

I feel like my keyboard's dusty.. but it's not. Not really.

Instead of blogging, I've been emailing and on the phone. Back and forth, back and forth, with multiple people talking and debating. Well, maybe not debating. More like bitching. Ranting.

In my last blog I explained about the Brandon's. One in Japan, one deployed. The one deployed..his wife's by herself, pregnant, and probably already thinking about whether or not he's gonna get home in time to see his baby born.

She was supposed to not be alone, the plan was for her to not be alone.. well, plans fail. That is my experience at least. And I say that it's not right for her to be alone. (She knows how outraged I am about this subject)

The new plan is for me to be her birth coach, be there with her the last few weeks of her pregnancy until Brandon swoops in to save the day...which I'm sure he'll try his best to accomplish :) But just in case.. I'll be there, not to save the day, but just so she doesn't go through that day alone. Those weeks alone.

I was not alone. I had friends and family that embraced me and my to-be-born baby right away...who swore that they'd be there for me if I needed them. And my husband did get home in time, but only because I didn't realize I had been in labor for days before...What can I say? I have a high pain tolerance.. apparently what you think are Braxton-hicks contractions are sometimes the real thing..

A friend told me, "This is a really nice thing that you're doing for them." It's not about the nice. It's about family and love and what is right and wrong.. which the right and wrong stuff..I'm pretty fluid in my opinions about that.. But it's wrong for her to be alone. And it's right for me to be there.  Brandon came to me a few days before I delivered Auralia. Not that I would've needed him to hold my hand in the delivery room, but just the fact that I know I could've had his hand if I needed it.. it's enough. And I'll be damned if Courtney's gonna be alone those last few weeks.

Instead she'll be bombarded with Auralia and I.. and then with Jeremey. And then Brandon and their new baby.. and then we'll be getting out of the way.

Dear Brandon and Courtney: I know you guys'll read this... And I speak for both Jeremey and I when I say how proud we are of you both of you. You'll both be stronger then ever imaginable after this next year, and know that no matter what we're here for you guys in every way possible. And let's get stationed together next time.  8D

Dear Everyone One Else Reading This: If you were around when I was pregnant and Jer was away, and you talked to me once a week, or once a month, or once every 3 months. Thank you. Most of you did nothing except wish me well ...but there were those Crystal's and Adam's and Mom's and Dad's (on both sides) the Brandon's,  a few extended family members, the Alex and Dan's, Chrissy's, Amber's, Tyler's.. and the list goes on and on.. who really did help. (If I didn't mention you're name, it's because I only have so much time before the baby wakes up from her nap and I'm trying to get this out..) The situation Courtney's in right now makes me think back and remember how fortunate I was to have you guys.. and I hope I let you know it at the time.

You know what else I'm fortunate about: That I got to go out and buy a new carpet shampooer 8D Yep.

And the decisions that we're making for the future.. well, that's another blog.

4 comments:

  1. Ithink that you are an amazing friend to be there for somebody in their time of need!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to Courtney and Brandon and I hate that they're going through this but so glad they have you in their family - they are lucky and I'm glad she won't go through it alone and has you through it all. You're doing what's right but you're also amazing for doing what's right. I know you hate the mush and the hugs... but I love you *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog reminds me of how awesome it really feels when you do something that is just RIGHT. Even though it costs...and sometimes it really does. Not even money, necessarily, but time and sweat and tears and sometimes blood. In the end, it feels so worth it.

    I reiterate my previous stilted, lame statement about you being inspirational. And I don't give a rat's rectum what you think of that. ;) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. As the mother of a Brandon, I applaud you! I wish that I could go right but of course I can't. Thank you Angela for being there.

    ReplyDelete