Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sun and Such

Today was a sunny day. As soon as I woke up and saw the sun I started making plans; how I'm going to make my old papa-san chair into a planter, how I'm going to paint and hang flower boxes, what I'm going to plant in all of the above.

I didn't hurt today.

I haven't taken any Ibuprofen, any Valium and by now I've usually taken several doses of the Ibuprofen and am getting ready to take my nightly dose (well, half a dose because I'm a paranoid freak) of the Valium.

I've had a couple beers, we barbequed, I painted my flower pots.

The dog is sleeping on the floor, the cats are sleeping on the couch, and the baby is getting ready for bed.

It's days like this that I miss. The normal days, the family days where we can be together and talk and laugh and do things that we enjoy. The days that we get to enjoy together.

 We've discussed and debated about what we'll be doing for the next few years, and we have decided to reenlist for 3 years. That was the easy part. It's harder to decide if he wants to change his MOS, go back to AIT and cop a bonus or if he wants to stay in an MOS and pick a post that would be close to a school that he wants to finish his degree at. Well... that's what we're deciding now. And we'll be starting the paperwork for all of it in the next week or 2.

Except we just found out that somehow he's on firefighting detail in Idaho sometime in the next month or 2...but nobody knows when or how that happened... That's the military for you.

I painted a flower pot and my 2 flower boxes so far tonight, and I sang out loud while Jer took care of the baby and puppy. And it felt right. It felt normal.

My parents are coming out in a few weeks too, and that feels normal. That feels right.

It feels like I have 18 days to make sure my house is clean to my mother's standards. Lol.

I think everyone who lives in this area should have a grow-light. I now understand why tanning beds are so popular. The sun does magical things.

1 comment:

  1. So good to read this post Ang. :) I absolutely love this blog and love reading it when you update. You are such a wonderful writer. <3

    -Sarah Thompson

    ReplyDelete