Monday, May 9, 2011

More Ramblings

A year ago I was counting down the days until deployment was over. I was taking care of my baby girl and helping my mom out when she wasn't completely healed from a spinal fusion.

This year, my baby is now a toddler. One who recently decided that everything is now "uh oh" or "hippo" or "up". And instead of counting down the days, we're still trying to figure out what we should do with the next couple years.

We could stay here until next February, when Jer could go back to AIT in Arizona for 6 months...we wouldn't be getting a bonus or a guaranteed slot at a post that we'd want to live at. But he'd be expanding his field a little bit, getting more experience and we'd just deal with going some where new when he graduated. It'd give us another 15 months without a deployment, pretty guaranteed. That's a pretty good chunk of time without  a deployment in today's military since we've already had about 10 months. It could happen again tho, what happened last time. He could graduate from AIT and immediately be deployed again...which happens. We know he'll most likely be deployed once more while we're still in the military and we know how to deal with it.

...We can wait. We can see if he can reenlist in a month or two for his same MOS and see if we can get a post we want to be at. No guarantees that'll open up tho.. and the school in the paragraph above is filling up awfully fast already. The sooner he reenlists, the sooner we'll be out of the military.

I'm sorry. Everyone reading this is probably awfully bored with all these thoughts. Lol. Really, I'm just trying to get it all straight in my head.

Anyway... my parents were out here for Mother's Day weekend, and that was really great. It's so amazing, the bond between my mom and my daughter. Months go by without them seeing each other, but my 15 month old knows her grandma. It's also amazing that in the 9ish months that I've lived here, last Friday was the first night Jer and I have gone out by ourselves in this state.

Yep.

We're still trying to plan a trip back to Colorado some time in the next few weeks... hopefully we'll know some dates in the next few days. I wish we could bring Tuck.. but, he's too big to fit in a carry on. Jer's 25th birthday is next week :) Send presents... he thinks he's getting old.

And now my baby is awake. "Up" "Up" "Up" "Uh Oh"

No comments:

Post a Comment